Community Golf Coach
Community Golf Coach is a training program designed by the PGA of Canada in conjunction with the Coaching Association of Canada and Golf Canada to develop and educate individuals at the community sport level.
The PGA of Canada’s Future Community Golf Coach workshop is designed for the individual who works with children or youth to introduce the basic skills of golf to them. The workshop will help prepare Coaches to run Future Links programs by focusing on the following:
- Expressing your coaching philosophy
- Making decisions when you are faced with legal or ethical situations in your coaching environment
- Understanding the basic rules and etiquette, safety and equipment of golf
- Using modified games to enhance the child’s experience
- Teaching the basic skills of golf
What you can do with your training:
- Lead games and activities in a way that is suitable for children
- Deliver pre-designed Future Links lesson plans in an effective manner
- Deliver colour stages White and Orange of the Future Links Learn to Play program
- Assist your local PGA of Canada professional to deliver stages Blue and Black of the Learn to Play Program
- Become a Key volunteer for the Provincial Golf Association
- Be recognized by your provincial Sport Association as a trained coach in the Coaching Association of Canada database
Community Golf Coach workshops are administered by your Provincial Golf Association and delivered by PGA of Canada Community Golf Coach Facilitators. For more information, please contact your Provincial Golf Association.